Saturday, February 28, 2009

Family, Food and Fries

Since my sisters and I reached adulthood, my family has been scattered literally beyond the horizon. Both of my sisters have lived most of their married lives overseas, in the Soloman Islands to be exact. They work for Wycliffe Bible Translators and have been working for quite some time in that Third World locale to translate the New Testament into the natives' language.

Needless to say, it's been a rare event to have the whole clan together for one event, but this past Christmas we were finally able to pull it off! We met up in Dallas and enjoyed a lot of catchup and good times.

Dallas has a fast-food chain called Steak and Shake, which rivals In-n-Out for burgers, fries and shakes. We had a good lunch there one afternoon, warmed by the good food and fellowship while the midwestern temps outdoors hovered in the mid-thirties.

Here are some shots as we waited on our orders:

My neice, Claire and her boyfriend Jared
Mackenzie and Joey

My big sis'
Lunch!

No comments: